Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Pre-Departure

Hello everyone,

I'll be keeping a blog while in Armenia. Although I can't guarantee I'll have readily accessible internet, I hope to write fairly often. My trip starts in Paros, Greece where I'll be spending one week before heading to Istanbul for 5 days. I arrive in Armenia the 29th of April where I'll be spending two months.

I'm sure I'll have lots to write about in a few weeks. For now, I thought I'd provide some links about Armenia and the organizations that I'll be working with.

Birthright Armenia--the organization that is paying for my travel expenses to Armenia and offers online language tutorials. Check out the alphabet and wish me luck learning the language.

Armenia Volunteer Corp--the organization that will place me with volunteer work, most likely doing some combination of small business development and teaching English. They are also responsible for my homestay placement.

Wikipedia Armenia--This is a great, free, open source encyclopedia web site and has a wealth of information about the country.

1 Comments:

Blogger RK said...

Hi Ed, I hope you also check out Armeniapedia.org - the Armenian wiki :-)

Welcome to Yerevan, I wonder when we'll bump into each other... perhaps May 9 in Shushi?

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home