Sunday, May 29, 2005

Hike from Emberd Fortress to Kari Lake

Sunday, I returned to Mount Aragats, this time to hike. It was one of the most difficult hikes I’ve ever experienced. We probably hiked about twenty five kilometers, many parts of it through snow. There were four of us, one of them being Jeffrey Tufenkian. He wrote the book Adventure Armenia which I purchased before coming to Armenia. He is a great guy and the president of the Armenian Forests NGO. He also is one of the founders of the Kanach foundation, which produced the book. Jeffrey, Silia, Eddie, and I battled through knee high snow and finally arrived at Kari Lake 6 hours after we left Emberd fortress. The trip down was about 3 ½ hours and we saw an enormous glacier that is pictured above. I can’t imagine what the snow is like in the winter.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having fun there buddy. And you thought that training on Mount Aspen to get at a burger at employee discounted prices would go to waste. Anyways, contact me back about Greece. I need some more specifics thanks.

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having fun there buddy. And you thought that training on Mount Aspen to get at a burger at employee discounted prices would go to waste. Anyways, contact me back about Greece. I need some more specifics thanks.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home